I share this post so you can apply the following techniques quickly and easily. I find they are designed to help enter a state of relaxation quickly and easily.
- Remember a time you felt most relaxed.
- Remember that time in clear detail. Close your eyes and vividly savour every relaxing detail.
- If you haven't already, move into that moment, being in the experience as if it's happening now.
- Notice everything that makes you feel more relaxed. Make the feelings deeper throughout your body. See what you see, hear what you hear to encourage those relaxing sensations.
- Focus on the wonderful sensations in your body. Feel what area is most relaxed, what direction relaxation moves in and send it through your whole body.
- Think about your future as you enjoy this relaxation and imagine yourself over the days, weeks and months.
- Clearly see yourself with this relaxation, living your life in specific situations at home, travelling, at work and wherever and whenever suits you best.
This is my adaptation of a relaxation technique taught to me many years ago on an nlp course. I understand it was designed by the co-founder of nlp, Richard Bandler.
Thanks for reading. Send a comment to share or to let me know what you think.
Share this post with your friends and colleagues when you think it will benefit them.