I've chosen this because many men and women have said they are on their feet for large parts of the day. I also considered that many people are stood in queues at bus stops, airports, cinemas, bars, supermarkets, concerts, at the kitchen sink or emptying the dishwasher. I'll stop there because I'm exhausting my examples. Hey, at least I'm honest.
The aim is for you to experience really wonderful sensations of relaxation whilst standing.
Believe me, it can be done. Enjoy exploring the sensations you can create in your body. It's all about being naturally creative. Take yourself slowly through each suggestion. Savour each moment and believe you will relax more deeply than you have before. Doing this will help you relax more easily, again and again until it becomes a useful habit.
Take yourself slowly through each suggestion.
- Stand in an upright (back comfortably straight) posture, facing forward with eyes gazing straight ahead.
- Place your feet flat on the floor, a comfortable distance apart.
- Have your arms hanging loose by your sides. Your shoulders relaxed, your back relaxed and your legs relaxed. Your head will be balanced naturally.
- Notice what it is like to be stood wherever you are.
- Notice what's in front of you. Notice what is to the sides of you. Notice what is behind you without looking.
- Be aware of the sensation of your feet upon the floor.
- Now, gently focus upon yourself. Be casually aware of the way you stand. Notice the way your whole body feels.
- Notice the way you breathe.
- Using a soothing, calm voice tell yourself to soften and relax.
- Notice what part of you is most relaxed. Then double those feelings.
- Notice how good this feels and send those feelings around your body.
- Simply let those areas relax more.
- Relax your eyes. Relax your vision.
- Notice the way you breathe. Soothingly tell yourself to relax.
- Focus gently upon a place between your eyebrows and the middle of your forehead.
- Now you decide how far you will go in exploring this further.
You can easily abbreviate this to suit your lifestyle and daily needs. I will post a variation of this exercise at a later date.
If you enjoy and benefit from these suggestions or are simply more curious, then either subscribe via email to your email account or via feed to your reader or blogg.
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy a great weekend.