This is a great meditation to get you feeling relaxed, calm and refreshed. It's simple, imaginative and it works very well. This is another useful 'awareness' meditation. Use it anywhere you are not driving or operating machinery. You can successfully get the benefits whilst at work, sat in a cafe, on public transport, at home in front of the TV or computer.
After you have read the following suggestions close your eyes and practice this meditation.
- Begin by sitting comfortably with your back straight and head balanced naturally with your eyes looking forward.
- Place both your feet flat on the floor.
- Breathe naturally through your nose and relax.
- Imagine 'energy' or 'roots' moving down from the top of your head to the soles of your feet.
- Now imagine the roots moving down from both your feet into the ground below you.
- Move those roots deep into the earth below.
- Allow them to travel as far and as deep as feels natural to you.
- Keep this process comfortable and avoid forcing anything.
- When the 'roots' stop moving, sit still and notice what you notice. Sit quietly for as long or as short as you like.
- Simply notice what you notice.
- Imagine nature's revitalising powerful energy entering your body via the roots.
- The energy will travel into the soles of your feet and move a natural easy-flowing course through your body.
- Intend the energy to move from the tips of your toes to the top of your head and everywhere in between.
- Have the intention that this natural energy will infuse every part of your body including it's organs, bones, capillaries, blood vessels, cells with revitalising power.
- Sit and enjoy this for as long as you like.
In the future you may like to be aware of some other features of this exercise.
How relaxed do you become? How still do you become?
What is the colour or colours of the energy? Where does the energy move? What speed does the energy move? What are the good feelings it gives you? Where do you feel the energy will be best used inside you? What more do you want from this?
Curious about discovering how easy it is to be still in meditation? Then use this breathing meditation to explore more.
Remember to sit quietly, feet on the floor, back straight and relax. Then visualise roots spreading down inside your body, from the top of your head through your feet into the earth below. Use this whether you are sat at home, sat on a plane, train or the 34th floor of a tower. It doesn't matter where you are but what you are capable of doing to relax, meditate and feel good.
It's your imagination for you to use any way you like. I hope you really enjoy it.
Thanks for reading,